Did you know April is National Lawn Care Month? Now is the perfect time to remind your customers about the benefits of a healthy lawn:
- According to the Lawn Institute, turfgrass traps more than 12 million tons of dust and dirt annually.
- Turfgrass acts as an “air conditioner” for surrounding areas, with lawns 20 to 30 degrees cooler than adjoining asphalt or concrete.
- It is estimated that a 2,500-square-foot yard releases enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Healthy turfgrass has many miles of fibrous roots that hold soil and filter rainwater, according to the National Arboretum Grass Roots Initiative.
- The Husqvarna Garden Report 2012 states that 63 percent of people surveyed are willing to pay more for an apartment or house if it is located in an area with good green spaces.
For more information, check out these handy infographics from the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET). Start promoting National Lawn Care Month today, and remind your customers of the many advantages of a healthy lawn.
Posted In: Business success